Friday, August 24, 2012

Muse

I have had a mad passion for Muse since I first heard them in 2004. I adore their sound and when Matt's voice soars (especially with piano), I feel like...like my soul is trying so hard to fly out of my body and soar with it. Or something like that. It's wonderful and painful at the same time.

So, I just heard their new single from their upcoming album. I was about to rant about it on Facebook, but then I took a second and third listen of it on Youtube. Although I don't understand WHY Muse has chosen to imitate Queen so much lately or why they have shifted away from the glory of their mad piano and guitar-playing skills, or why they have suddenly embraced the pop genre (I hate pop for the most part, by the way), I still can't deny that when Matt's voice takes that amazing flight, I almost can't stand it, it's so good. I have to accept, even like, this song,  just because of that brief segment. So, here, take a listen. Try, if you can, to stomach the whole thing, or start at 3:00. You'll hit the part I like around 3:43.


I have to post some of the old glories, just to balance things out.

"Space Dementia"





"Piano Thing"


"City of Delusion"


"Hoodoo"


"Bliss"


I could go on forever, but this is the Muse I know and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment