Saturday, February 16, 2013

Daenerys and Kara

Most days, my mind drifts from one subject I love to another subject. Guilty--I'm a daydreamer! The subjects themselves may be totally unrelated, but they're connected in my absolute obsession/adoration for them. And when that happens when I'm bored, I look stuff up on youtube or the internet or whatever, I re-experience it, and have my opinion reconfirmed when everything in me screams "YES!" I get really, really hyped up on it. It's all I can think about, and I experience it again and again and can't get over the brilliance of these stories and/or music.

It started off when I was reading a Daenerys chapter in A Dance with Dragons tonight. I still have another two hundred and fifty pages to go with this book, but I'm loving it.

*SPOILER* 
Daenerys finally confronted one of her uncontrollable dragons with a whip and dominated the beast!! It was epic! Though who knows what's going to happen to her now, since Drogon just took off with her, leaving behind the giant mess she created when she tried to end the slave trade in the east. Meereen was a terrible mistake on her part, but I still love her. People like to hate her for sometimes acting like a teenager, but guess what, she is one! And she's done so much better than her brother. He was known around the world as the Beggar King; she is known as the Dragon Queen!
*END OF SPOILER*

So I looked up illustrations people have created of this saga, while going a little mad over the fierce genius of George R.R. Martin and his amazing plot/characters/world.

Daenerys and Drogon

Eddard Stark

Here's a clip or two from the HBO show. They took some liberties with the books, and sexed it up so much it's laughable (oh, hey, look, ANOTHER scene with a naked whore while the men discuss politics), but the quality overall is incredible. Random clips here, yes, and spoilers too if you know nothing of the books/show, but dang, it's good stuff! I love the Stark family.






Today, Mom's been putting loose photos in order from the 1980's and typing up notes to go along with them. She spent six hours on it. When she finished, it was my turn to actually put them in an album, which didn't take nearly as long. And while I was doing that, I listened to Battlestar Galactica Season 4's soundtrack, composed by Bear McCreary, another effing genius. Which got me all hyped up on the glory of the show, the characters, etc. So! Check out these songs. Probably won't sound like much for those who don't even know the story, but I'm absolutely in love with them.

Kara's Coordinates

Roslin and Adama Reunited

Kara Remembers

Goodbye Sam

And, from season 3, Deathbed and Maelstrom

Kara's character just kills me. I love her. All these songs belong to her, except the one for Roslin and Adama. They all give me chills. Thank you, Bear McCreary! And thank you Nikki, for getting me to watch this show! 

1 comment:

  1. I second everything you wrote!! Daenerys and Kara freaking RULE!!! And the music is soooo damn good.

    ReplyDelete