I am so disturbed by my mom and her tenacious focus on how this country is doomed to fail. It's fine to think that politicians are awful and how certain trends in society aren't great, but I'm so tired of the doomsday talk. I don't care how intellectual she is or how many economic facts she can come up with or what's happening out in the world; nothing is going to happen, most likely, and if it does, it is all out of our hands. The way she twists all of these "facts" into her spirituality and "prophetic" dreams, her supposedly psychic sister who foresees all things terrible, the money she throws away on things she is never going to use, the strange certainty that all these supposed future events are tied so personally to herself in this narcissist way, god, it alarms me how she thrives on it.
I know I said I wouldn't blog, but the computer was right here and she just went to bed.
Not much has changed, except for my job. It used to make me anxious, but I didn't outright hate it like I do now. I'm going to start looking for another position soon. I would have today but I've been sick since Tuesday and I literally slept all of last night and today. And I'm still exhausted, with a stuffy head. My ankle still hurts from when I wrenched it, last week on Friday at work. That one's a great story. Argh.
Everyone in my family is unhappy. And crazy. As am I.
No comments:
Post a Comment