Friday, January 27, 2012

Night Owl

Well, Kjerstie and Kelli left about fifteen minutes ago (after dinner and 3 hours of playing games--so fun!) and my parents went to bed right after they left-- 9:30pm. It's just me in my room for the next 6 hours because, as usual, I've turned into a creature of the night. This always happens when I don't have any place to be in the morning...or afternoon...but I've never experienced this in the winter, so it feels like I never see the sun. Which is stupid. I shouldn't be doing this, but I'm too passive and lazy to make an effort right now. Why do I NOT have obligations during normal human hours? I'm too embarrased to answer that one right now.

So. This week, I've been working like a maniac on revamping my mother's old family photo albums that are attached to acidic paper that she made back in the early 1980's. I finished three albums in six days, while listening to lectures from The Teaching Company on the operas of Mozart and a basic, but long introduction to astronomy. I've put in almost twenty hours with that one and I'm still not halfway through!!

I'm still not consistent whatsoever with running, but when I do get myself out of bed and outside, I never regret it. It is so beautiful here with the trees and the quiet roads. I love it, love it, love it. Just gotta keep working on it.

My step-dad went out and bought me another bookcase today, which I put together on my own! First time I've ever done that, being one of the baby siblings that was always "in the way." Feeling pretty good about that stud of a bookcase standing there. And I really needed one! I had somehow managed to cram every single book and dvd onto the other bookcase in this room, but everything was in piles and in layers. And what's pathetic is that I HAVE gone through my books and dvd's, several times, to see if I was willing to part with any of them. HAH! I've given away a handful. I'm not ready to say good-bye to these beauties.

Right. As far as reading goes, I've been completely ignoring my reading list that I made up a few months ago. Instead, I've been reading Harry Potter and a novel on Mary, Queen of Scots, and occasionally I'll drop both of those to go breeze through one of the books I loved when I was a kid, and still love. I'll tackle the somewhat difficult but absolutely amazing Virgina Woolf another day.

Tomorrow, Nikki is driving Keith, her boyfriend, to the airport, which is only 45 minutes from here. Currently, she is living in Bellingham, which is about three hours away. And since she was already planning to come down on Monday to help my oldest sister, Kjerstie, build a chicken coop, she's going to stay over the weekend! And. We. Are. Going. Hiking!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not sure where, exactly, there are a million options here in this state, but we'll figure it out when Mom can have her say on the distance. Nikki and I are hoping we can do ten miles.

Well, that's my life as of late. Back to Hogwarts! Pip pip!

No comments:

Post a Comment