Back in December, I put up a post on my brother-in-law's brother, Keith Gravley. He's back in the hospital, has been for several days. At first, they thought it was pneumonia, but it turns out that his main left artery in his heart is not working very well and it is because of this that fluid is building up in his lungs. The doctors have tried a few different things, but they have said this morning that the only option left, after waiting a day or two to see if Keith's body can manage to get rid of the fluid, is to open up his chest in a very risky surgery as his other arteries are still healing from the last surgery and other complications. I don't have all the details, but that is where it stands. The doctors have tried everything except this last option. My sister, Julie, says it doesn't look good at all, that her husband and in-laws are all freaking out. This is such an awful thing to happen--Keith is only 27 years old. Of course, they knew after the last surgery that they weren't out of the woods, and probably never would be, but this is so soon.
Here's a new find that Nikki posted on Facebook, a cover of a song by The Smiths. I love, love, love slow songs that build up like this.
This is hard, I'm so sorry. I'll keep them in my prayers. We'll have to catch up soon, my friend.
ReplyDelete