Saturday, February 25, 2012

Pipes and Whistles

I spent part of this evening watching one of my favorite movies from when I was a kid: The Secret of Roan Inish. It's set in Ireland during the forties or thereabouts, following the story of a girl and the history of her family, which is a strange blend of fact and myth. I love it. Especially the music that comes from this movie. All of it, as far as I am aware, was composed by Mason Daring, but I can't say for sure if any of the music is traditional. Here are a few of my favorite tracks:

Fiona's Walk

Fiona Explores


Return to Roan Inish

Fiona

The Roan Inish Theme


And here's the trailer for the film, if anyone's interested:

2 comments:

  1. I need to buy this movie. Love it. I love selkies!! Totally reminds me of Daughter of the Forest.

    This music is so great. Oh my holy crap I love Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I love your playlist. Love leaving it on while I sew my 500 Days of Summer dress!!

    ReplyDelete