Tuesday, February 7, 2012
Twixt Firelight and Water
I hate that the book industry is going down. I understand how the new technology is convenient, maybe even practical in some cases, but to the true book lover, how on earth could anyone possibly relinquish the feel of a book, the smell and rustle of its pages, the physical object itself? I feel like I'm looking at screens all the time as it is, and I never want to read an entire book from a screen, even if it is altered to not affect the eyes.
Because of this shift in the industry, this short story shown above is completely inaccessible to me. Because this story is part of an Australian anthology, it is only accessible as an E-book. Libraries don't have it here in the U.S. It is BEYOND frustrating. But I still refuse to buy a Kindle, even if I never find out what happened in Ciaran's past, a character who is one of the true enigmas in Marillier's work.
P.S. Yes, yes, I know I could order the whole anthology from Australia, so it's not completely inaccessible, but I'm too proud for that just now. Grrrrrrrr.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment