I always want to think that somehow this blog matters to someone out there. Wouldn't that be nice? It's wretched, actually, because then I start to wonder or hope that it matters to someone I actually know, who I might see every day. So, when something happens that seems to relate to what I just wrote...I'm setting myself up to see connections that are not there. Logic does not play a role. Like when a storming sea suddenly, dangerously smolders in someone's eyes, enhanced by an infectious, utterly contrasting grin...can I just be seared away forever and not wonder anymore?
Gotta love how dramatic I am, but it's all still true. I'm good at closing doors on things best forgotten; I just needed to get it out of my system.
Been Christmas shopping online for the family tonight and it's so much fun! Got Kjerstie, Julie, Char, and Dave taken care of tonight, which leaves Mom, Dad (aargh--what do you buy a dying man??), Nikki (who still hasn't sent me a list of ideas), and Kelli. And I'm thinking I might make cookies to bring to work sometime this week, especially for poor Sharon who will have to help manage our workload while I'm gone all next week. So excited for a break!!
Goodnight.
No comments:
Post a Comment