-Spoke with my dad on Thanksgiving. He told us that it might be time for him to throw in the towel with work. For him, we've always known that as long as Dad was working, he was doing okay, but that eventually, when nearing the end, he would have to quit. He hasn't quit yet, but hearing him openly approach the subject was surprising--he's been acting like his tough attitude could beat down what the medical results are saying, so admitting that he might be burned out is a definite sign that he actually is. He can never be weak in front of anyone.
-Saw Interstellar with Kjerstie/Kelli yesterday. I've been looking forward to this movie for almost a year, which kind of explains my intense disappointment. I looooved the beginning of the movie, including when they went into space. Once they brought in the random motivation of Amelia's character to see her never-before-mentioned, old love marooned on one the planets they were trying to get to....it all just tanked. Then...enter Matt Damon's character and the stupid, STUPID fight and the helmet cracking and the grandiose script and shit, it all pissed me off. In addition to all that crazy, the tributes to 2001: Space Odyssey that were made in the movie were almost too much, like stealing. And the fact that the women were always these emotional and therefore irrational beings that were given the answers by men, just, UGH.........
I still love space movies. And I will buy this one. Visually, it was so beautiful and it's amazing how they used actual physics to depict what a wormhole or black hole would look like, as well as for the story, you know, except for the presence and effects of radiation. Did they forget about that? HAH. Whatever.
12/2/14: Okay, so I know my review sounds harsh. I was still reeling from all the improbabilities and the lack of human connection, and my ultra-sensitivity to sexist stuff etc, etc, but honestly, I do really like the movie. Things are never what you expect them to be, right?
12/2/14: Okay, so I know my review sounds harsh. I was still reeling from all the improbabilities and the lack of human connection, and my ultra-sensitivity to sexist stuff etc, etc, but honestly, I do really like the movie. Things are never what you expect them to be, right?
Found two glorious Youtube fan videos of Game of Thrones. But I won't post them. Instead, I'll just post the songs used, which make up half their beauty.
12/2/14--P.S. Isn't it totally ironic that the song I found for a GoT video is called Saturn and Interstellar's wormhole was right by Saturn. Man, I loved those shots in that movie of the ship flying near that planet. And it's my ruling planet--Capricorn. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment